Do you feel a cold, hollow pit in your heart that could only be filled with Auto Assault and its legacy of motorized vehicles fighting one another? I’m not going to tell you that Crossout will fix that issue, but it is all about cars fighting other cars, and it is in closed beta now. So you can give it a shot and see if that’s what you need to be happy once more, because we all want you to be happy.
Of course, this is the week when lots of stuff either went into beta or made its further beta plans. Let’s go through that in list format, shall we?
- The survival-tastic spinoff of The Repopulation, Fragmented, will be heading into early access later this month. It’s like a beta, after a fashion.
- If you’d rather just shoot everything like it was 1992 again, the Doom open beta is kicking off next week. Mark your calendars.
- All right, none of those are to your liking, you’d prefer more of an open-ended sandbox to play around in. You’ll have to wait for a bit longer, but Tree of Life is heading into open beta on April 18th.
- But that’s not what you want, either? Wow. Tough crowd. Perhaps you’ll be happy to know that MU Legend is coming over here even though it’s just entering closed beta testing in Korea?
- Still nothing? Eh, all right. Let’s just find out how Crowfall‘s Siege Perilous testing is going.
- As long as we’re checking in on existing tests, it’d be remiss to leave out the most recent round of Das Tal testing and a promise to change the face of the game.
Of course, we do have a full list of stuff down below, because we do that every week. If something slipped into a new testing phase without us noticing or there’s a running cash shop in a so-called open beta, please let us know about that in the comments.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions.
Albion Online: Closed beta
Ascent: The Space Game: Steam early access
Asta: Open beta
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha, development in crunch for beta
Chronicles: Runescape Legends: Closed beta
Crossout: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Das Tal: Alpha expected in April
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Open testing
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: Early access play on Steam
Ever, Jane: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access, split into two games, launch expected in March
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active, launching in spring
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Origins of Malu: Combat module in early access
Otherland: Early access
Overwatch: Closed beta, launching May 24th
Paragon: Early access
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Alpha offline, moving to the Unreal engine, survival spinoff starts early access this month
Tree of Life: Paid early access, open beta on April 18th
Tree of Savior: Early access
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Pre-alpha testing
Venus Rising: Closed beta (adult/NSFW), currently on development hiatus due to Hero Engine issues